Thursday, March 12, 2009

the world's greatest dessert


In case you missed it -Jack Donaghy and his spicy Latina lover, Elisa, on 30 Rock talked to 'us' about the McFlurry during the Valentine's Day show. Believe it or not, it didn't bother me that product placement was in my face and in the story line.... maybe that IS why it didn't make my skin shiver.



The writers took it over the top and cleverly poked holes through the dessert but also gave it praise letting "a McFlurry be what it is." I'm not into the idea of products being placed and held just so I can see the Diet Coke label during a pressing scene in a movie or tv show, but when it's some how makes sense in the story line, the sarcastic characters play it up and make a joke out of it, I can accept it and giggle on the couch with the best of them.



It doesn't hurt that I think Alec Baldwin has some serious skills either.

No comments: