Monday, January 12, 2009

why I started this blog....



On December 9, 2006 I started raison d'être "...to share my inspirations and keep me on my toes with fashion, art, and inspiration."

I am not one of those bloggers who feels like I have to blog every day (not that there is anything wrong with that style...) It's just that I'm the type of person and always have been, the person who sees something or feels something, and wants to share it. Sometimes I see or hear or read or _______ something so creative that inspires me so much I want to do a little dance right then and there.

So this blog is my outlet (along with an occasional facebook status update.)



For the last 72 hrs I've been inspired by a few things -

  1. It all started Friday night discovering "Munchausen by Proxy" the fictional band with Zooey Deschanel featured in the movie Yes Man
  2. Which lead me to my latest issue of Domino magazine which for some odd (or is it not that odd of a coincidence?) Miss Zooey D. was featured on the cover...
  3. Where she talks about her real band She&Him
  4. Where I downloaded a few songs...then became a fan on facebook
  5. Then, listened to a few songs on itunes by M. Ward and became his fan too
  6. Then realized he lives in Portland and is hitting up Seattle in March
  7. So I bought my man and I 2 tickets on ticketmaster.com
  8. then went back to Facebook to post his video (very clever *and* inspiring - hence my blog post) to Chinese Translation
  9. To find a paid placement for an etsy shop for SparklePaw and fell in love with this Octopus card which reminded me of M. Ward's song Chinese Translation. (the picture featured.)

See these last 72 hrs have inspired me to share with you where I'm at creatively and where I want to be in some aspect of my life. Now where that aspect lives, I'm trying to figure out. I'm doing a little dance now...

No comments: