Wednesday, November 5, 2008

tears of joy.



for the last 8 years, I've voted, I've supported, I've believed - and I've lost. This year, things changed.

At first I was hesitant. I didn't want to put too much of my heart into this year's Presidential election. I didn't want to lose again.

Then, about 6 weeks ago, I couldn't hold back.

I committed. I got excited. I donated. I volunteered. I talked. I posted my support.

Tonight, I celebrated. I wasn't with family or my husband due to where we all are this election night - in our lives. We have to understand we can't all be together but we can BE together. Through mobile phones, facebook, blogging - I was able to call my mother and cheer! Receive live images from my husband from Rockefeller Center, election night! Smile over the phone with my sister. Cry with my old friend in NYC. Read a text from my Dad...

This is where we are today. It's 2008 and things have changed.

Yes, we can.

1 comment:

Arline Beagan said...

It is a great day to be alive, all of our work has paid off.
Obama is a possitive inspiration to us all.
The paradym is shifting and community organizing will be seen as the thing that we will all be wanting to continue to do. It is how we grow.
Making this a better world.
Love you,
Mom