Sunday, December 10, 2006

clouds and texture...

Today during the on and off spurts of rain - some with big drops, some small, I noticed the clouds through my windshield. No, this picture is not one I took, but sort of what I saw. "texture and electric poles." For some reason, since I've got to Seattle (I've only lived here since August) I've been drawned to texture, I just can't explain why. It feels so real, so home grown, so attainable.



I explored most of Ballard today - Sundays are farmers market day here - so I walked through and shopped. Noticing time and time again which booths draw me in, which don't.


I came across a crochet necklace for only $15 that I had to buy at Gifted (5427 Ballard Avenue NW, Seattle, WA 98107 (206) 781-0882) We're off to NYC this week and I need (ok want) to add a few fun accessories to my outfits... Of course. This necklace is full of texture - similiar to this one I've posted. The image shown is unique - blending different beads with crochet flowers, but you get the idea. I have seen this 'look' in San Diego a lot while living down there during this last year, but didn't feel it. I'm now starting to see how I'd like a few pieces.


Here are some cool sites I discovered while writing my post:

*http://www.emmacassi.com/
French accessory designer with some beautiful pieces.

*http://www.twinkleinthesky.com/products/products.php?catid=5
Dig the "Crochet Necklace with Neutral Beads and Pearl Ribbon Necklace" only $9 (Pictured here.)


*http://www.naughtysecretaryclub.com/necklaces/nostalgicnotions.shtml
Check out the "Cherries Crochet Earrings" for only $18

No comments: